Friday, May 28, 2010

The Marathon

Is on Sunday. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! It felt SO far away in January and February and all of the sudden. BAM. Here I am packing my sneakers, making a playlist for my ipod and icing my knee.

Yea... my knee. I did something to it about three weeks ago and haven't been able to run more than 3 miles at once since then. I'm extremely nervous for Sunday but hope that the adrenaline of actually being IN THE RACE will get me through it. I went to see a joint doctor, but he couldn't find anything seriously wrong so he prescribed an anti-inflammatory.

After training for this thing since JANUARY THIRD I will be more than devastated if I can't finish. Not to mention we've planned a rocking post-marathon party that well... would be embarrassing to attend if I didn't RUN the marathon.

At this point though, I feel great about all of my training and how I've prepared. I just hope it all pays off on Sunday.

Send me good (fast! HEALTHY!) thoughts!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home